Summary: This tutorial will talk about how to restore the deleted WhatsApp messages from Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus with an effective way. Note: The first thing you need to do is to prevent the data being overwritten. In other words, please stop using your device once you device data is lost and you ready to get it back.
WhatsApp is a popular messaging app available for Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone. It provides users a convenient way to chat for free with families, friends and others. As smartphone gets a smart responsive touch screen, the WhatsApp chats and attachments are easily to be deleted accidentally. No matter what reason cause you lost the deleted WhatsApp messages on Samsung, you could get it backup after reading this post. Here we will provide you two simple ways to solve the WhatsApp chat history lost problem.
Part 1: Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages from Galaxy S8 with Google Drive Backup
If you have back up your WhatsApp messages with Google Drive before, you can retrieve your deleted WhatsApp data back via the backup file. Please check on the guide below:
Step 1. Uninstall the WhatsApp on your Samsung.
Step 2. Reinstall it and sign in your account.
Step 3. There would be prompted with a message to restore your backup after you open the WhatsApp. Please tap "Restore". And the job is done.
Part 2: Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages from Galaxy S8 with Android Data Recovery
If your WhatsApp messages have just been deleted but there's no backup for it, you can quickly recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Samsung Galaxy S8 with Android Data Recovery tool. With this freeware, you can restore WhatsApp chat history(including text, photos, videos) from Android like Samsung Galaxy S8/S7/S6/Note 5/J7/J5/A7/A5, HTC U Ultra/10/A9/M9, LG V20/V10/G6/G5, Google Nexus 6P/5X, Sony, Huawei, Motorola, OnePlus, ZTE, etc,. Other types of Android data are also supported by Android Data Recovery, like contacts, messages, photos, videos, call logs, apps and documents.
Step 1. Download and Launch Android Data Recovery
• Download and install the software on your computer.
• Connect your Samsung Galaxy to your computer using a USB cable.
• Click "Data Recovery" in home page of software to go on.
Step 2. Enable the Debugging of Samsung Galaxy S8
• Enable debugging of your Samsung device.
Step 3. Select Data Type to Recover
• Now choose the type of data you want to scan. You will have a list of options including contacts, messages, videos, call history, gallery and more.
• Choose "WhatsApp messages and attachments" to scan the files.
Step 4. Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages from Samsung Galaxy S8
• When the scan is completed, select the WhatsApp data you want to recover and click "Recover" to finally get your deleted WhatsApp messages back.